Posted on February 10, 2019
2019 Dodge Challenger Hellcat & Ram 1500 Won Awards | Toronto
Cruising down Main Street in a shiny muscle car is an adolescent rite of passage. Nodding coolly to friends and ignoring those who don’t deserve your time-of-day was all in a night’s entertainment. Remember navigating your beastly brute into the local drive-in restaurant, rolling the windows down and hitting the gas a moment before shutting it down—just to let everyone know what you had under the hood? It turns out your glory days don’t have to be a thing of the past Mississauga, Brampton and Barrie.
MotorWeek has given the 2019 Dodge Challenger SRT Hellcat Redeye the Best Performance Car award and the 2019 Ram 1500 the Best Pickup Truck award. The people have spoken, loud and clear and those accolades are certainly deserved.
2019 Dodge Challenger SRT Hellcat Fun Facts:
- This is Dodge’s most powerful SRT Hellcat lineup ever
- The new 2019 Dodge Challenger SRT Hellcat Redeye is the most powerful, quickest and fastest muscle car, bar none
- Most powerful production V-8 engine with 797 horsepower and 707 lb-ft of torque
- Quickest production muscle car with 0-100 KPH with an acceleration of 3.4 seconds
- Fastest grand touring (GT) production car that reaches a new top speed of 326 KPH
- 2019 Dodge Challenger SRT Hellcat boasts new rating of 717 horsepower and 656 lb-ft of torque
- A dual-snorkel hood on all Challenger Hellcat models is reminiscent of the 1970 Dart Swinger and 1971 Demon
- Challenger R/T Scat Pack Widebody features the same fender flares from SRT Hellcat Widebody, adding 3.5 inches to the overall width
- R/T Scat Pack Widebody rolls on 305/35ZR20 Pirelli tires mounted to 20 x 11-inch forged “Devil’s Rim” aluminum wheels
- All 2019 R/T Scat Pack models feature the power-bulge aluminum hood with heat extractors formerly featured on the Challenger SRT Hellcat
- Challenger R/T and GT RWD models get standard high-performance suspension
Eight different models make-up the refashioned vehicle lineup for 2019: SXT, SXT AWD, GT, GT AWD, R/T, R/T Scat Pack, SRT Hellcat and SRT Hellcat Redeye. Several option packages offer all the upgrades, throwbacks and additional performance that Dodge//SRT customers want. Challenger offers a full range of engine options, including the award-winning 3.6-litre Pentastar V-6 on SXT, SXT AWD, GT and GT AWD models, the legendary 5.7-litre HEMI V-8 in the R/T models, the bold 392 HEMI V-8 on R/T Scat Pack models, the supercharged 6.2-litre HEMI V-8 on the SRT Hellcat and a supercharged 6.2-liter HEMI high-output V-8 on the SRT Hellcat Redeye.
Can you see yourself tearing up the strip with this beauty, yet? Can you feel your hands on the wheel and hear the responsive brute-force engine under the hood? Maybe you’d best come and test-drive one.
No wallflower to the Hellcat, the 2019 Ram 1500 is everything you didn’t know you wanted in a truck. And then some.
2019 Ram 1500 Fun Facts:
- Overall weight reductions totaling nearly 225 lbs net when compared to previous model
- New frame features 98 percent high-strength steel to improve durability, weight and rigidity for improved handling
- Maximum payload increased to 2,300 lbs, and maximum trailer tow to 12,750 lbs
- 2019 Ram 1500 is the most aerodynamic pickup in its class with .357 coefficient of drag and features exclusive active aerodynamics: grille shutters, air dam and air suspension
- All-new Frequency Response Damping (FRD) shocks deliver the best combination of ride, handling and comfort in a pickup
- Next generation, class-exclusive air suspension enhances fuel efficiency, improves ride, and gives greater off-road capability, load-leveling and entry/exit convenience
- 2019 Ram 1500 boasts significant gains in fuel efficiency with eTorque mild hybrid system on second generation 3.6-litre Pentastar V-6 and legendary 5.7-litre HEMI® V-8 engines – widest use of mild hybrid technology in the segment
- eTorque adds up to 90 lb-ft of torque to the 3.6-litre Pentastar V-6 and up to 130 lb-ft to the 5.7-litre HEMI V-8
- All-new 2019 Ram 1500 delivers innovative, state-of-the-art technology with award-winning fourth-generation Uconnect system and class-exclusive, 12-inch reconfigurable touchscreen display featuring split-screen capability for dual-application operation
- The most powerful audio system ever available in a pickup, Harman Kardon audio system with 19 premium speakers, 900-watt surround sound amplifier, 10-inch subwoofer and active noise cancelation
- 360-degree Surround View Camera
The 2019 Ram 1500 leads in luxury, performance, fuel efficiency and innovation. You can work it hard all day and then take it to the opera—if you really want to go to the opera. Lord knows, you could be forgiven for deciding on wings and a cold brew instead. The point is the 2019 1500 will fit in wherever you want to take it.
Is Ontario Chrysler Jeep Dodge Ram open on Saturdays?
The dealership is open 8:30 am to 6:30 pm