2019 Ram 1500: Best Family Truck | Toronto, Mississauga
Posted on June 3, 2019
We used to think of trucks as utility vehicles and not exactly as family car material. Times have changed, though. With cushy and practical advances, the Ram 1500 is exactly the mix of work horse and luxury at one time not even on the radar. You can have your cake and eat it, too, Brampton, Barrie and Oakville.
Wood paneled station wagons, step aside! The new family vehicle for your outdoorsy family is definitely the Ram 1500. Edmunds test drives 300 vehicles a year to find the best fit for your family and awarded the 2019 Ram 1500 the Best Family Truck Award for 2019. Cue the applause!
If your family values fishing, boating, camping and skiing over chess, smart phones and television the 1500 is your ride. It showcases reclining rear seats, oodles of legroom and a comfy coil-spring rear suspension just to make your family’s road trip that much more enjoyable. Building on those offerings, the 1500 also boasts durability, luxury, efficiency, technology, capability and innovation
2019 Ram 1500
Ram leads the full-size truck segment with some big gains in fuel efficiency through their all-new eTorque mild hybrid system in both V-6 and V-8 engines. The overall weight for the Ram 1500 has been reduced by 225 pounds. Advanced materials in the frame and engineering innovations increase stiffness and durability for 12,750 pounds of towing capability and 2,300 lbs of payload. In the technology department, the new Uconnect system with its huge 12-inch touchscreen, featuring split-screen capability, 360-degree camera views and exclusive content from SiriusXM leads in all truck infotainment systems. Added safety and security systems like adaptive cruise control, automatic emergency braking and blind-spot monitoring augment the already too-cool-for-school infotainment technology.
When did Ram split with Dodge?
In 2009, the Ram Truck brand launched as a stand-alone division, focused on meeting the demands of truck buyers and delivering benchmark-quality vehicles.
That dedicated focus allows Ram to design the industry's most innovative, award-winning trucks, emphasizing durability, strength, technology and efficiency.
Ram brand builds trucks that work hard and get your family where it needs to go, in comfort and style. The 2019 Ram 1500 defines the future of pickup trucks with innovation, high quality materials and state-of-the art technology and the Ram Heavy Duty leads the pack with the ability to out-power, out-tow and out-haul all the other guys while maintaining the luxury and comfort you want for your family.
- Most powerful: 1,000 lb.-ft of torque with Cummins Turbo Diesel
- Highest towing capacity: 35,100 lbs. with Ram 3500
- Heaviest payloads: 7,680 lbs. with Ram 3500
- Most luxurious: Ram Limited with real wood, real leather and 12-inch Uconnect touchscreen
- Best ride and handling with exclusive link coil rear and auto-level air suspensions
- Most interior space with Ram Mega Cab
- Most capable full-size off-road pickup – Ram Power Wagon
- Most-awarded light-duty truck in America
- Highest owner loyalty of any half-ton pickup
- Trucks that never say die
While all the trims are fabulous, the Ram 1500 Limited is pretty much everything you could ever want in a truck and we’re going to give you a list that tells you exactly why we feel the way we do:
- Comes with an almost endless list of options as standard including a segment first 4-corner air suspension system. Heading through the drive-thru is a breeze as you can lower or raise the truck with a flick of a toggle switch to stay under many clearance markers.
- Power running-boards extend when you open the door and disappear when you close it.
- The cabin is a large, luxurious space that adds comfort to the overall functionality of the Ram 1500.
- Rear-seat passengers get an extra 3 inches of legroom, so that even your long, gangly teenager won’t complain too much about having to sit in the back.
- Detailed gauges, real wood trim and soft leather surfaces remind you this is not your average truck.
- Multiple USB ports, a 115-V plug point, heated and ventilated seats, cupholders galore and more storage than your Aunt Mildred’s basement will leave you feeling pretty chuffed about your purchase.
- Ram likes to remind you of the astute decision you made by putting the Limited badge practically everywhere, both inside and outside the truck.
- FCA built this newest generation of chassis into their strongest ever, with over 98 per cent high-strength steel in its construction
- The 1500 is also bigger in practically every conceivable way. Even the cab has grown by 4 inches in length.
- It’s hard to imagine that this bigger, stronger vehicle actually weighs less than its ancestors, but it really does. It’s 225 lbs lighter.
- The payload is part of the bigger and badder theme, increasing to 2300lbs.
- The two-wheel drive quad cab equipped with the 5.7L V8, with eTorque and the 3.92 axle ratio, has a max towing capacity of 12,750 lbs.
- FCA says this is their most aerodynamic Ram ever and boasts active noise cancellation and acoustic glass.
- The 5.7L V8 Hemi offers smooth torque with 410 lbs of twist at 3900 RPM and just under 400 HP at your beck and call.
- On light throttle the 8-speed automatic shifts slickly and easily and the V8 will run on 4 cylinders.
- The steering is light and easy and makes you feel in total control.
- The Ram boasts one of the best infotainment systems on the market and its 12-inch U-connect screen features high definition graphics and a lot of different options to play with
Even with a lot of digital controls, Ram was thoughtful enough to give you hard buttons for HVAC and dedicated volume and tuning buttons
- Back to the safety theme we mentioned earlier, the Limited comes chock-full of stuff to help keep you safe like blind-spot monitoring, rear cross traffic alert and automatic high beams
- Optional packages include further safety features like adaptive cruise control, forward collision warning, with full emergency braking, lane departure warning with assist, and parking assist
- Just because we like fun stuff, they have also thrown in a tailgate that can be opened remotely, keyless entry, remote starting and a Harman/Kardon stereo system
- Maximum steel metallic
- Granite Chrystal Metallic
- True Blue Pearl
- Blue Streak Pearl
- Flame Red
- Red Pearl
- Bright Silver Metallic
- Walnut Brown Metallic
- Brilliant Black Chrystal Pearl
Come down to Ontario Chrysler and take a Ram 1500 for a test drive, today.