Posted on June 17, 2019
2020 Ram 1500 EcoDiesel For Sale in 2019 | Toronto, Mississauga
Ram and Chevy have been playing their own version of Game of Thrones, these days. Chevrolet had no sooner announced their 2020 Duramax Diesel before Ram rose-up and escorted them out of the castle with their 1500 EcoDiesel. If the new EcoDiesel with a revised 3.0 turbodiesel V6 isn’t enough to cause you some excitement over your morning coffee, then you haven’t had enough coffee, Brampton, Oakville, Burlington and Barrie!
The 1500 EcoDiesel with its 480 -ft of torque slam dunks the Chevy Silverado diesel by 20lb-ft and the Ford F150’s Power Stroke diesel by a whopping 40 -ft of torque. Take that, Other Guys! Ram is also boasting that the EcoDiesel will be the most fuel-efficient half-ton in its class.
The EcoDiesel is 14 per cent more powerful, reaches full torque at 1600 rpm, has a maximum tow rating of 12,560 and will be available in all 2020 trims, including the Rebel. The Ford F150 diesel is tow rated to 11,400 and the Chevy Silverado diesel has a sad rating of 9,700 lbs.
A heaping helping of upgrades has inspired Ram to dub the latest EcoDiesel as a third-generation model.
Here’s a list of upgrades:
- Redesigned cylinder head and intake ports improve incoming air
- Aluminum pistons have been upgraded and use thinner rings and a low-friction coating on the wrist and side skirts
- Compression ratio has been increased from 16.0:1 to 16.5:1
- Injectors have been optimized with the new combustion chamber
- Wrist pins are slightly offset to reduce noise, vibration and harshness
- Redesigned exhaust-gas recirculation system boasts a new dual-loop design which increases fuel efficiency
- Water-cooled turbocharger also improves efficiency and responsiveness
- Dual vacuum pump system now uses electric and a revised mechanical low-friction pump also improves efficiency
- Compacted graphite iron block and forged steel connecting rods and crankshaft boost strength and durability
Ram says the 2020 EcoDiesel will be in showrooms in the fourth quarter of 2019. You can be sure that Ontario Chrysler will be letting you know when they are ready for sale.
Looking for a new vehicle after a bankruptcy? Ontario Chrysler has some advice: https://www.ontariochrysler.ca/car-loan-finance-after-bankruptcy.htm.